Xel Ha is now with EarthCheck!
Xel-Ha’s environmental management is fully rewarded
Xel-Ha is a tourist Eco Park located in the Mexican Caribbean; it has a magnificent turquoise water inlet which inhabits infinite number of marine species, turning it into one of the number-one and most sought-out holiday destinations!
During the celebration of World Water Day, EarthCheck, leading company in environmental administration and management, granted Xel Ha with an outstanding and one-of-a-kind Gold Certification. The award was delivered by EarthCheck’s representative in Mexico and Latin America, Ms. Erika Lobos, who acknowledged that Xel-Ha is the first Eco Park in the world to receive this recognition.
For over 20 years, this natural park has managed to adequately carry out its tourist attractions without compromising the environment’s sustainability on medium and long term. It was in the year 2009 when the Eco Park received its first award by EarthCheck, due to the quality improvement of the water inlet.
The sustainability and environmental management program which has been carried out since 1994, has earned the park great recognition, which led them to receive the award on several occasions given that the park’s facilities prioritize the use of low-flow toilets, irrigation with recycled water, and the use of limited water flow accessories.
The program for solid waste management is one of Xel-Ha’s standout programs, in which it has achieved to reduce production waste. Today 80% of the solid residues are sent to the recycling center while the remaining 20% goes to a landfill.
The park also carries out a Rescue, Reproduction and Reforestation of Native Plants program, which has achieved the preservation of 75% of the environment. The species protected by this program are: sea turtles and pink snail and more.
The executive director of Xel-Ha, Ms. Elizabeth Lugo and the Vice-President of Xcaret, Mr. Calos Constandse, were the recipients of the award and gave thanks to the management and operations team for this new accomplishment, which recognizes the 20 years of hard job of preserving the environment.
Throughout this year, the group has contributed to the training and education of people, who therefore become responsible for sustainability programs, which aim to spread the efforts inviting companies and citizens to conduct them in all fields of tourism and everyday life and maintain the natural beauty of the state, which is recognized worldwide.
- “Sudan” the world’s last male white rhino dies in Africa
- Facebook tracks a scary number of details about you
- Cambridge Analytica suspends CEO amid uproar over Facebook data leak
- “Yucatan’s good public safety is attracting foreign direct investment”
- By 2021, at least 40% of Latin America's GDP will be digitized: IDC
- China’s ride-hailing giant Didi Chuxing is planning to hit Uber where it hurts
- Migrations will increase by 2050 due to climate change: Central Bank
- Warrant Sought to Inspect Cambridge Analytica
- Why Pompeo will be key to Trump’s policy towards North Korea and Iran
- United Kingdom expels 23 Russian diplomats in the wake of former spy poisoning
- Apple and Disney Place First and Second with Millennials in 2018 Brand Affinity Study
- Trump Inspects Border Wall Prototypes in California