Xel Ha is now with EarthCheck!

Xel-Ha’s environmental management is fully rewarded

Xel-Ha is a tourist Eco Park located in the Mexican Caribbean; it has a magnificent turquoise water inlet which inhabits infinite number of marine species, turning it into one of the number-one and most sought-out holiday destinations!

During the celebration of World Water Day, EarthCheck, leading company in environmental administration and management, granted Xel Ha with an outstanding and one-of-a-kind Gold Certification. The award was delivered by EarthCheck’s representative in Mexico and Latin America, Ms. Erika Lobos, who acknowledged that Xel-Ha is the first Eco Park in the world to receive this recognition.

Xel Ha Riviera Maya

For over 20 years, this natural park has managed to adequately carry out its tourist attractions without compromising the environment’s sustainability on medium and long term. It was in the year 2009 when the Eco Park received its first award by EarthCheck, due to the quality improvement of the water inlet.

The sustainability and environmental management program which has been carried out since 1994, has earned the park great recognition, which led them to receive the award on several occasions given that the park’s facilities prioritize the use of low-flow toilets, irrigation with recycled water, and the use of limited water flow accessories.

Xel Ha Eco Park

The program for solid waste management is one of Xel-Ha’s standout programs, in which it has achieved to reduce production waste. Today 80% of the solid residues are sent to the recycling center while the remaining 20% goes to a landfill.

The park also carries out a Rescue, Reproduction and Reforestation of Native Plants program, which has achieved the preservation of 75% of the environment. The species protected by this program are: sea turtles and pink snail and more.

Xel Ha Earth Check

The executive director of Xel-Ha, Ms. Elizabeth Lugo and the Vice-President of Xcaret, Mr. Calos Constandse, were the recipients of the award and gave thanks to the management and operations team for this new accomplishment, which recognizes the 20 years of hard job of preserving the environment.

Throughout this year, the group has contributed to the training and education of people, who therefore become responsible for sustainability programs, which aim to spread the efforts inviting companies and citizens to conduct them in all fields of tourism and everyday life and maintain the natural beauty of the state, which is recognized worldwide.

Eco Park Xel Ha Earth Check

RELATED NEWS

  • Trump backs down and signs executive order to Trump backs down and signs executive order to 'keep families together'
  • Despite uncertainty about the election, Mexico continues to attract investmentsDespite uncertainty about the election, Mexico continues to attract investments
  • On Saturday, repaving works start in Cancun’s hotel zoneOn Saturday, repaving works start in Cancun’s hotel zone
  • Mexican entrepreneurship project receives award in FranceMexican entrepreneurship project receives award in France
  • MexicoMexico's foreign minister and business leaders express outrage over ‘inhumane’ US immigration policy
  • The Dow Jones industrial average turned negative as global trade war fears mountThe Dow Jones industrial average turned negative as global trade war fears mount
  • Canada legalizes recreational cannabis useCanada legalizes recreational cannabis use
  • EU to retaliate against US with counter-tariffs on FridayEU to retaliate against US with counter-tariffs on Friday
  • Mexican national team football shirt is best  seller in the United StatesMexican national team football shirt is best seller in the United States
  • Scorpion catching is a dangerous trade that allows Durango’s locals to survive.Scorpion catching is a dangerous trade that allows Durango’s locals to survive.
  • Rafael Márquez , is only the third player in history to achieve the feat of playing in 5 world cupsRafael Márquez , is only the third player in history to achieve the feat of playing in 5 world cups
  • It’s not just in football that Mexico is superior to GermanyIt’s not just in football that Mexico is superior to Germany
WATCH LIVE TV



Most Read Articles
Most Watched Videos
  • Generations Riviera Maya
  • Mayair

Language

Mexico News Network
All rights Reserved 2018