Punta Maroma, one of the best beaches in the worldBy Fernanda Duque Hernández
The most romantic beach in the Riviera Maya
While the Riviera Maya is worldwide known for its luscious beaches, there is one in particular that has been recognized by Discovery Travel & Living as one of the most beautiful in the world: Punta Maroma.
This spectacular beach is just 10 minutes from Playa del Carmen and is the favorite spot of many travelers to rest. One of its special features is that it has a vast strip of white sand that counteracts with the turquoise Caribbean Sea.
Because of its location, Punta Maroma is a very quiet and relaxed place, ideal for sunbathing or reading a book; regularly the waves are minimal, reason why it is perfect to go with children, because while you make the most of the gorgeous sunshine, the little ones can enjoy playing on the seashore, building sandcastles.
However, if you are someone who’s always on the move, and enjoy thrilling and adventurous activities, then this place is also perfect for you! You’ll find beach clubs and marinas, like Maroma Adventures, featuring all sorts of activities in the Riviera Maya, where you do snorkeling, diving at the Mesoamerican barrier reef, sport fishing, swimming with dolphins and you can even feel as if you were in the Middle East and take a camel ride along the beaches of the Mexican Caribbean.
Besides being one of the most beautiful beaches in the world, it’s one of the most romantic, so if you visit Punta Maroma with your partner, there are lodging places you can stay in that will complete your experience, such as El Dorado Maroma, a sophisticated resort featuring luxurious ocean front suites, in addition to the exclusive Gourmet Inclusive Experience, which ensures you a memorable stay.
Encounter and fall in love with Mexico’s Caribbean treasure… Jewels in the heart of Riviera Maya like Punta Maroma, the perfect spot to relax, unwind and forget about the world!
- Live Vacation Interview
- Hoteliers want federal regulation for Airbnb and HomeAway
- Mexico, the 8th most visited country of the world
- San Miguel de Allende is the best city in the world
- Going to Europe? Don´t forget to recover your taxes
- Mexico overtakes Turkey in global tourism poll
- Mexican handicrafts, a trigger for cultural tourism
- Mexico amongst TripAdvisor’s Best Beaches in the World
- Mexico´s tourism industry increasingly depends on US travellers
- Mexico, a global pioneer in medical tourism
- Mexican tourism sector closes year with record numbers
- San Jose del Cabo, the favorite destination for 2017