Cancun and Riviera Maya: Luxury destinationsBy Fernanda Duque Hernández
More than 18 million people a year choose the Mexican Caribbean for their vacation
Members of ‘Virtuoso’, the recognized luxury travel agency, choose Mexico as their favorite holiday destination over Canada, Australia, New Zealand, United Kingdom, South Africa, Argentina, India, Chile and China.
Because of its exotic destinations, warm climate and wide variety of tourist sites to visit, Mexico tops the list of the prestigious agency.
The Mexican Caribbean in particular has positioned itself as a ‘the destination’ for the national and international market, its infrastructure, its delightful beaches, modernity and service has made of Cancun and Riviera Maya the favorite place of more than 18 million people.
According to market surveys, tourists with high purchasing power prefer to spend their money in privacy, exclusivity and food quality, plus preferential treatment and facilities for couples and families.
The Riviera Maya Destination Marketing Office estimates that a couple –belonging to this market niche- represents an economic impact from 80 to 150 thousand USD per week on a regular family vacation trip, due the purchasing of luxurious products and services.
In Cancun and Riviera Maya there are about 4,000 rooms and suites focused on providing luxury services for travelers, most of them belonging to prestigious hotel chains such as El Dorado Spa Resorts, one of the favorite spots for travelers, because of its Gourmet Inclusive Experience, another excellent example is the Generations Riviera Maya, a family resort selected The Number 1 Resort in the Mexican Caribbean' by readers of the prestigious travel and style magazine, Condé Nast Traveler.
- If you missed out on Russia 2018, find out how much money you will need to go to Qatar 2022
- Turkish Airlines plans to launch flights to Mexico in 2019
- Cancún y Riviera Maya, amongst the best 10 destinations in the world
- Live Vacation Interview
- Hoteliers want federal regulation for Airbnb and HomeAway
- Mexico, the 8th most visited country of the world
- San Miguel de Allende is the best city in the world
- Going to Europe? Don´t forget to recover your taxes
- Mexico overtakes Turkey in global tourism poll
- Mexican handicrafts, a trigger for cultural tourism
- Mexico amongst TripAdvisor’s Best Beaches in the World
- Mexico´s tourism industry increasingly depends on US travellers