Planning a trip? ‘Destinations on Google' will guide youBy Dania Vargas Austryjak
The launch of a new travel planning feature
The internet giant, Google.com gathered information that made them notice an impressive increase of 50% travel-related search queries on mobile phones, not very surprising as we all love doing everything on our phones, that includes travel planning, but this is usually not the most fun part as we can get many different results and end up with tabs and tabs of information.
Now, Google comes to the rescue! A few days ago, they launched “Destinations on Google”, this is a search feature that can be accessed through Google Search or the Google app for both iOS and Android phones, it helps you plan your trips to the last detail, basically in just one tab.
How it works? It’s very simple, start with a search of the continent, country, or state you want to travel to and add the word “destination”, the search will show up a collection of options, as well as flights, hotels and itineraries.
The personalization options are of course available and you can choose to search based on type of experiences, prices, dates, and popularity. After selecting the preferred destination, you can tab on “Plan a trip” to continue with flight and hotel rates and even get an estimate of your trip; simple, right?
That’s Google’s idea, to make everything simpler at the tip of your fingers, while waiting in line for your morning coffee, for your friend to arrive to your date, or any other situation where you’ve got some time in your hands; grab your phone, do a quick search and decide where your next destination will be.
- Live Vacation Interview
- Hoteliers want federal regulation for Airbnb and HomeAway
- Mexico, the 8th most visited country of the world
- San Miguel de Allende is the best city in the world
- Going to Europe? Don´t forget to recover your taxes
- Mexico overtakes Turkey in global tourism poll
- Mexican handicrafts, a trigger for cultural tourism
- Mexico amongst TripAdvisor’s Best Beaches in the World
- Mexico´s tourism industry increasingly depends on US travellers
- Mexico, a global pioneer in medical tourism
- Mexican tourism sector closes year with record numbers
- San Jose del Cabo, the favorite destination for 2017