First Hotel School opens in MexicoBy Valeria Bigurra Peñavera
The first Hotel School in Mexico was inaugurated in the municipality of Amealco, Queretaro, which will be operated by the Cuahutemoc University and the network of Mision Hotels.
This is a groundbreaking initiative of social responsibility. Consisting of a 4-month plan, this new project means to allow the students from the Tourism Management faculty to merge practice and theory. The alumni will be studying in the hotel, while running it, making sure they manage the entire operation of the resort, while learning.
The idea is for the students to learn through practice, on a completely real environment, using this new educational model in which the students will be in charge of the hotel, working in areas such as Food and Beverage, Sales, Room Division and Management.
This educational model pretends for the student to receive the necessary basis for him or her to develop his or her skills in a real working environment, so they’re fully ready to do so, once they finish school. The creators behind the project assure that practice is very important for the professional development of the student, and is something that many times is insufficient within the actual study programs, reason why this innovative Hotel School was created, and it will offer the students the learning they need through practice.
This alliance between the Cuahutemoc University and Hoteles Mision has the objective of promoting and encouraging the talent of the young students, and at the same time give them a solid and real platform that without a doubt will help them in their professional development.
- Live Vacation Interview
- Hoteliers want federal regulation for Airbnb and HomeAway
- Mexico, the 8th most visited country of the world
- San Miguel de Allende is the best city in the world
- Going to Europe? Don´t forget to recover your taxes
- Mexico overtakes Turkey in global tourism poll
- Mexican handicrafts, a trigger for cultural tourism
- Mexico amongst TripAdvisor’s Best Beaches in the World
- Mexico´s tourism industry increasingly depends on US travellers
- Mexico, a global pioneer in medical tourism
- Mexican tourism sector closes year with record numbers
- San Jose del Cabo, the favorite destination for 2017