Mexico’s first over-water bungalows in Playa MaromaBy Elliot Bullman
Move a thatched hut out over the waves and it becomes the stuff of fantasy. It also becomes the stuff of honeymoons in the luxurious overwater lodgings in Bora Bora, Tahiti and the Maldives.
Newlyweds can now add Mexico’s Riviera Maya to the mix. 30 new overwater “Palafitos” recently inaugurated by the Secretary of Tourism opened complement the existing adults-only suites and villas at El Dorado Maroma resort.
Owner Karisma Hotels & Resorts initially heralded them as “Mexico’s first and only overwater bungalows,” but this was revised when it was pointed out that the nearby Rosewood Mayakoba offers “Overwater Lagoon Suites.”
So the Palafitos became “the first and only over-ocean bungalows in Latin America,” with the “only” slated to expire in November when Jamaica’s Sandals Royal Caribbean opens five “Over-the-Water Villas.”
Is an overwater setting really such a romantic-getaway game-changer? On aesthetic and sybaritic levels, the Palafitos reply with an emphatic “yes!”
Each Bungalow offers extraordinary views of spectacular sunrises and stunning sunsets uniquely situated just off the pristine white sands of Maroma Beach, voted by the Travel Channel as one of the world´s top 10 beaches. More than 800 square feet consists of an infinity pool on your private deck, romantic outdoor showers, and glass floors to immerse you in the turquoise waters of this paradise.
Other luxury services include 24-hour room service, exclusive beach beds, customized beach picnics. The icing in the cake is your custom butler service, there to cater to pre-arrival requests, packing and unpacking, reservations, delivery of complimentary sunscreen, reading materials, refreshments and gourmet bites while at the pool or beach.
Sounds like heaven on earth! For reservations see eldoradoresorts.com
- Mexico´s tourism industry increasingly depends on US travellers
- Mexico, a global pioneer in medical tourism
- Mexican tourism sector closes year with record numbers
- San Jose del Cabo, the favorite destination for 2017
- UK travelers discover new reasons to visit Mexico time and again
- Tulum now has treehouse accommodations
- Moody's forecasts further growth for Mexican tourism in 2017
- Mexico’s first over-water bungalows in Playa Maroma
- Mexico,one of the Top Gay Wedding Destinations in the world
- Puerto Vallarta, first "Gay Travel Approved" destination in Mexico
- Holbox ... the perfect escape
- New variety of lifestyle hotels in Queretaro and Guadalajara