Mexican pop culture, another excuse to travelBy Fernanda Duque Hernández
Travel trends 2016
One of the travel trends for this 2016 is pop culture; the influence of the TV series and movies has had in modern society, which is taken as inspiration to travel, stay and learn about these destinations. An example of this is the Harry Potter phenomenon that made that hundreds of fans felt inspired to travel long distances just to visit places like Kings Cross Station in London, England.
The ‘Fridomaniac’ -that has invaded the world in the latest years- caused the curiosity of the travelers to visit and explore those places that were part of the controversial life of the Mexican artist, as the ‘Casa Azul’ in Coyoacán or the ‘Casa Estudio’ in San Ángel Inn in Mexico City.
Mexican Wrestling or also known as Lucha Libre has been one of the great attractions that have caught the attention of tourists; because it is part of the classic Mexican folklore. Many visit the arenas to feel the adrenaline of seeing the 'Mexican heroes' stand against the ‘bad guys’; while the audience yells and encourages their favorite wrestler.
To walk around and shop in local fairs, craft and street markets are activities that have become one of the most interesting activities among visitors –especially those from other countries- which are curious about the authentic flavor of Mexican street food as sweet and savory snacks that have become extremely popular in the world.
With this in mind, Mexican music, mariachi specifically, is undoubtedly one of the experiences that every traveler seeks when visiting Mexico. Among the festivities that cause more curiosity is the Day of the Dead and the representation of the 'Catrina' in every aspect of daily life.
OriginalImage: “Catrinas, traditional figures for day of the dead celebrations in Mexico” by Tomascastelazo, used under CC BY SA 3.0 license, via Flickr.
- Live Vacation Interview
- Hoteliers want federal regulation for Airbnb and HomeAway
- Mexico, the 8th most visited country of the world
- San Miguel de Allende is the best city in the world
- Going to Europe? Don´t forget to recover your taxes
- Mexico overtakes Turkey in global tourism poll
- Mexican handicrafts, a trigger for cultural tourism
- Mexico amongst TripAdvisor’s Best Beaches in the World
- Mexico´s tourism industry increasingly depends on US travellers
- Mexico, a global pioneer in medical tourism
- Mexican tourism sector closes year with record numbers
- San Jose del Cabo, the favorite destination for 2017