Mexico is the place to be for adventure loversBy Dania Vargas Austryjak
Activities everywhere for everyone
As Mexico is a country with such different environments and topographies, the scenarios where to embark upon adventures are many and can go from hard to soft adventure. Depending on what you are looking for, Mexico is the destination that you should pick... As there is always something perfect for everyone.
Original Image: “Title unknown” by Alex, used underCC BY 2.0 license, via Flickr.
Lately many people prefer to add some adventurous activities to the usual relaxation vacations, these activities are usually known as soft adventure, those that do not involve high life-threatening risks, however do add some action and entertainment. These include cycling, snorkeling, hiking, kayaking, trekking, bird watching, and so on; and all of these are available in different Mexican destinations.
Adventure in Mexico is really easy to find, for starters, on the northern part of the country there is a magnificent canyon formation known as the Copper Canyon, in Chihuahua. This is the perfect place to do some hiking and take in all the natural beauty of this creation of nature.
The country has vast mountainous formations where to go biking, hiking and trekking, as well as enjoying beautiful view and fresh air. For a wonderful contact with nature, you'll find theMonarch Butterfly Biosphere Reserve in Michoacan where you can walk among thousands of these incredible creatures.
For another multi-activity destination there is Cuatro Ciénegas, in Coahuila. It features different ecosystems in one same area; there are desert and water zones as well as the gypsum dunes. In here one can swim, bike, and hike.
In two of the islands of Quintana Roo, one can enjoy different soft adventures, for example in Holbox one can swim alongside the whale shark; it is completely harmless but really astonishing. This is one of the largest animals living in our planet and he visits the area for several months a year. Another option is to snorkel along the Mesoamerican Reef system in Cozumel, where to encounter at a close distance a whole underwater world.
These and more soft adventure destinations are available in Mexico, the only thing left to do is to choose your desired activity and travel to Mexico, where there will always be something fun to do!
- Mexico amongst TripAdvisor’s Best Beaches in the World
- Mexico´s tourism industry increasingly depends on US travellers
- Mexico, a global pioneer in medical tourism
- Mexican tourism sector closes year with record numbers
- San Jose del Cabo, the favorite destination for 2017
- UK travelers discover new reasons to visit Mexico time and again
- Tulum now has treehouse accommodations
- Moody's forecasts further growth for Mexican tourism in 2017
- Mexico’s first over-water bungalows in Playa Maroma
- Mexico,one of the Top Gay Wedding Destinations in the world
- Puerto Vallarta, first "Gay Travel Approved" destination in Mexico
- Holbox ... the perfect escape