Mexico City selected as the number 1 “Place to Go in 2016” by The New York TimesBy Valeria Bigurra Peñavera
“A major destination that is a particularly strong choice to visit this year”
Every year the Travel section of The New York Times publishes a selection of places to visit in the starting year, a list of destinations that include cities, regions and also countries. On this year’s 2016 edition, the chosen No. 1 “has to hit a sort of sweet spot: a major destination that is a particularly strong choice to visit this year.” And in fact, Mexico City hits the spot!
Some people might wonder why Mexico City (CDMX) was chosen as the top place to go in 2016 over a number of destinations, the answer is simple: CDMX is a fascinating and dazzling metropolis that features countless restaurants, museums, shopping sites, art, music, architecture, technology and so much more!
Original Image: “El Angel de la Independencia” by Eliud Gil Samaniego, used under CC BY-NC-ND 2.0 license, via Flickr.
Mexico City is a moving and growing city; it has developed into a modern and technological place, where you can see culture and history in every corner. CDMX has been flourishing for the better, attracting more and more visitors every year.
Years ago, the city was a bit daunting but its continuous improvement and development have made Mexico City one of the most appealing places to visit not just in Mexico, but Latin America. And the best thing is that is easy to get to, as being the nation’s capital, it has numerous air connections from all over the world.
The grand metropolis might be a little overwhelming as it’s a pretty large city, but that is part of its magic, every neighborhood has its own charm and allure, from the high-end Polanco, to the picturesque Coyoacan, going through the eclectic Condesa, La Roma and La Juárez.
Mexico City has something perfect for any type of visitor; amazing cuisine –fancy or street-, blooming art and design scenes, and endless possibilities to enjoy. Mexico City is without a doubt THE Place to Go in 2016.
And that’s not all!, Todos Santos, Baja California Sur is also on the list in the 23rd place; as well as IslaHolbox, Quintana Roo, placed in the 32nd position.
- If you missed out on Russia 2018, find out how much money you will need to go to Qatar 2022
- Turkish Airlines plans to launch flights to Mexico in 2019
- Cancún y Riviera Maya, amongst the best 10 destinations in the world
- Live Vacation Interview
- Hoteliers want federal regulation for Airbnb and HomeAway
- Mexico, the 8th most visited country of the world
- San Miguel de Allende is the best city in the world
- Going to Europe? Don´t forget to recover your taxes
- Mexico overtakes Turkey in global tourism poll
- Mexican handicrafts, a trigger for cultural tourism
- Mexico amongst TripAdvisor’s Best Beaches in the World
- Mexico´s tourism industry increasingly depends on US travellers