Where to go? Mexico City’s cultural tours for 2016By Fernanda Duque Hernández
Are you planning a trip or you’re already in Mexico City? Coming up, we’ve drafted a couple of suggestions for meandering around the Mexican capital city. The National Institute of Anthropology and History (INAH) have planned some cultural activities for this month, so you can learn about the city with the assistance of qualified experts, and here are the details:
La Ciudad de los Palacios (The City of Palaces)
Mexico City is known for its great cultural attractions, including recognized architectural treasures dating from the time of the colony; and many others that were legacies from Porfirio Diaz’ government. Enjoy this extraordinary journey through time, at a cost of 179 pesos (10 USD). From Monday to Friday 9: 30-18: 00 hours. It Concludes on January 17th.
Academia de San Carlos (The San Carlos Academy)
This was once the institutions that dictated the rules of national artistic production. Today, it’s the keeper of the works of prominent Mexican artists and their students. Walk its rooms, its paintings and sculptures, and discover -until January 14th- the development of 17th and 20th Century art. Cost: 179 pesos (10 USD). Hours: Monday to Friday 9: 30-18: 00 hours.
Mariposa Monarca del Rosario, Michoacán (Monarch Butterfly)
Each year the monarch butterfly upholsters with its beauty the forests of Michoacán and the State of Mexico; well, soon they must say goodbye, before they do, do not forget to schedule your visit to ‘El Centro Ecoturístico, El Rosario’. Until: January 14th. Cost: 570 pesos (33 USD). Hours: Monday to Friday 9: 30-18: 00 hours. Reservations: 55 532365
Pirámide de Cholula (Cholula’s Pyramid)
A visit to the magical town of Cholula must be included in your schedule of activities. Famous for its churches and its monumental pyramid whose base is the largest in the world, Cholula is the ideal place to visit with family and friends, visit it and discover the charm of America's oldest living city. Until: January 23rd. Cost: 570 pesos (33 USD). Hours: Monday to Friday 9: 30-18: 00 hours.
Zona Arqueológica de Xochicalco (Xochicalco’a archeological zone)
'The place of the house of flowers', is a mystical archeological zone in the state of Morelos which refers to the creation of the god Quetzalcoatl, it is a collection of pre-Hispanic buildings associated with the cosmogony of the inhabitants of Xochicalco. Until: January 20th Cost: 570 pesos (33 USD). Hours: Monday to Friday 9: 30-18: 00 hours.
- If you missed out on Russia 2018, find out how much money you will need to go to Qatar 2022
- Turkish Airlines plans to launch flights to Mexico in 2019
- Cancún y Riviera Maya, amongst the best 10 destinations in the world
- Live Vacation Interview
- Hoteliers want federal regulation for Airbnb and HomeAway
- Mexico, the 8th most visited country of the world
- San Miguel de Allende is the best city in the world
- Going to Europe? Don´t forget to recover your taxes
- Mexico overtakes Turkey in global tourism poll
- Mexican handicrafts, a trigger for cultural tourism
- Mexico amongst TripAdvisor’s Best Beaches in the World
- Mexico´s tourism industry increasingly depends on US travellers