Mexico will increase safety and is under no threatBy Dania Vargas Austryjak
Better safe than sorry!
Last November 13, the world witnessed how the "The City of Lights" suffered various attacks; a terrible situation that caused commotion and uncertainty in all. Of course, safety is on the top of mind and it’s safe to say that Mexico is under no threat and several security measures will be taken to guarantee safety in airports, borders, embassies, consulates and other strategic institutions.
Mexico's National Security Commissioner Renato Sales Heredia has ensured that Mexico has kept close coordination with different governments, including the French, in order to establish safety filters in strategic points such as airports, bus terminals and border crossings to avoid any type of menace.
This is not the only measure taken by the National Security… Additionally, more police elements have been deployed to prevent infiltration; and they are also paying close attention to migration warnings. Sales Heredia said: these are the measures that have to be taken in this type of situations and keep constant communication with international agencies.
“We are in contact not only with the U.S. government, but of course with the French government too. All of our solidarity with the French, all our support, it is a very unfortunate fact, but we have to able to prevent and face this issues”. Added Mexico's National Security Commissioner, quoted on an article from Mexican daily Milenio.
Renato Sales Heredia also mentioned that they will provide full cooperation for the investigations of such unfortunate events and that the actions taken on behalf of Mexico’s National Security are precaution and timely measures to prevent from any tragic events by reinforcing security in the sites previously mentioned, as well as during massive events.
Better to be safe than sorry.
- Going to Europe? Don´t forget to recover your taxes
- Mexico overtakes Turkey in global tourism poll
- Mexican handicrafts, a trigger for cultural tourism
- Mexico amongst TripAdvisor’s Best Beaches in the World
- Mexico´s tourism industry increasingly depends on US travellers
- Mexico, a global pioneer in medical tourism
- Mexican tourism sector closes year with record numbers
- San Jose del Cabo, the favorite destination for 2017
- UK travelers discover new reasons to visit Mexico time and again
- Tulum now has treehouse accommodations
- Moody's forecasts further growth for Mexican tourism in 2017
- Mexico’s first over-water bungalows in Playa Maroma