Mexico: Number one destination for luxury tourismBy Valeria Bigurra Peñavera
During the first months of 2016, Mexico is positioned on the top destinations for luxury Tourism, according to data from Virtuoso, a travel luxury agency worldwide recognized.
Mexico’s Ministry of Tourism presented this report, stating that the nation leads the Top 10 luxury destinations of the world, a listing selected by agencies and companies dedicated to sell services to this market niche. Mexico is the favorite destination for travelers during winter and spring.
The travel agency noted that Mexico has exotic destinations, warm climate and a wide variety of places to visit, making it one of the favorite destinations for many tourists who want to escape their daily routine or cold temperatures back at home.
Source: Flickr. Original Title: “Cancun Beach aerial – Luftbild” by Dronepicr. 27 de Junio de 2015. Attribution 2.0 Generic (CC BY 2.0) License.
According to Virtuoso, one of the factors that influenced Mexico’s top position on the listing is its geographical location and proximity to the United States.
The Ministry of Tourism also announced that from January to November of the previous year, 7.5 million North American passengers arrived into the country, which represented a 16.7% increase over the same period in 2014.
These figures show that 18% of Americans who traveled overseas, made it to Mexico, which represents the highest percentage in history, and is also proof of an uninterrupted increase in the share of this market of travelers to the country.
The Ministry of Tourism says these figures are due to the improvements that have been made on air connectivity issues, the finance sector, and the continuity of strategies to promote Mexico overseas.
The ranking led by Mexico, features as runner ups: Canada in second place, followed by Australia, New Zealand, United Kingdom, South Africa, Argentina, India, Chile and China.
- If you missed out on Russia 2018, find out how much money you will need to go to Qatar 2022
- Turkish Airlines plans to launch flights to Mexico in 2019
- Cancún y Riviera Maya, amongst the best 10 destinations in the world
- Live Vacation Interview
- Hoteliers want federal regulation for Airbnb and HomeAway
- Mexico, the 8th most visited country of the world
- San Miguel de Allende is the best city in the world
- Going to Europe? Don´t forget to recover your taxes
- Mexico overtakes Turkey in global tourism poll
- Mexican handicrafts, a trigger for cultural tourism
- Mexico amongst TripAdvisor’s Best Beaches in the World
- Mexico´s tourism industry increasingly depends on US travellers