Mexico amongst TripAdvisor’s Best Beaches in the WorldBy Valeria Bigurra Peñavera
Playa Norte in Isla Mujeres is featured in the top 10
TripAdvisor, the famous travel website, launched its list of the 25 most popular beaches in the world for 2017, among which is one of the most beautiful beaches in Mexico, Playa Norte in Isla Mujeres.
Playa Norte sits at the 7th place on the list, accompanied by beaches of Aruba, Spain, Brazil, and the Turks and Caicos Islands, among many other countries-.
TripAdvisor describes Playa Norte as a place of "Quiet turquoise waters, pure and fine white sand. The water is so blue it dulls the sky. "
Located at the northern end of Isla Mujeres, it is one of the favorite places for foreigners and locals, because there you can rest under a shade, while enjoying the beautiful crystalline sea waters, with almost no waves that make it the perfect setting.
In addition you can find several restaurants, to enjoy some of the typical dishes of the area, such as the traditional Tikin-Xic fish, which is originally from Yucatan but famous in Isla Mujeres.
Other beaches that made the cut to the top ten are:
1. Bahía do Sancho, Brazil
2. Grace Bay, Turks and Caicos Islands
3. Eagle Beach, Aruba
4. Playa Paraíso, Cuba
5. Siesta Beach, United States
6. Playa de La Concha, Spain
7. North Beach of Isla Mujeres, Mexico
8. Radhanagar Beach of Havelock Island, India
9. Beach of Elafonisi, Greece
10. Galapagos Beach in Tortuga Bay, Ecuador
- Live Vacation Interview
- Hoteliers want federal regulation for Airbnb and HomeAway
- Mexico, the 8th most visited country of the world
- San Miguel de Allende is the best city in the world
- Going to Europe? Don´t forget to recover your taxes
- Mexico overtakes Turkey in global tourism poll
- Mexican handicrafts, a trigger for cultural tourism
- Mexico amongst TripAdvisor’s Best Beaches in the World
- Mexico´s tourism industry increasingly depends on US travellers
- Mexico, a global pioneer in medical tourism
- Mexican tourism sector closes year with record numbers
- San Jose del Cabo, the favorite destination for 2017