Multigenerational Travel: A growing trend in the Riviera MayaBy Valeria Bigurra Peñavera
Families are made up of members of different generations, and this makes multigenerational trips a traveling trend that keeps growing.
Families traveling in groups are considered one of the market niches with the greatest potential, because traveling is the perfect moment to spend quality time with loved ones, relax and have fun.
When the whole family gets together and decides to travel, this could ultimately mean that grandparents, parents, grandchildren, or even multiple families, will be spending at least 4 nights together! Now being on vacations isn't the main challenge... It's choosing where to go: The perfect destination.
According to surveys from marketing companies dedicated to travel industry, the Caribbean is one of the favorite destinations of multigenerational travelers, and one of the main places to visit with the entire family is the Riviera Maya and Cancun, because of their beautiful beaches, excellent service, hospitality and attractions for the whole family.
One of the advantages of the Riviera Maya is that in it you can find the best hotels, best service, and it is only a few minutes away from many activities that can be performed in family, from visiting museums, swimming in the beautiful cenote, to go shopping in Playa del Carmen and Cancun or enjoy the exciting nightlife, and the wonderful cuisine that these places have to offer.
This new trend is certainly a challenge for the tourism industry, because it requires addressing the different needs of one family, however in this destination there are hotels like the Generations Riviera Maya, where all members of the family will find something to do regardless of their age. This amazing resort has areas for children and teenagers, as well as many activities for the adults, and is the perfect place to relax and forget about the pressures of everyday life on the shores of the Caribbean sea.
One trend of multigenerational family travel is that often it is the children who decide the destination, and grandparents are the ones covering the expenses, and definitely they always opt for destinations that have something to offer for everyone.
So now you know if you are planning a family trip soon, visit the Riviera Maya and its surroundings, and make your holiday an unforgettable experience.
- If you missed out on Russia 2018, find out how much money you will need to go to Qatar 2022
- Turkish Airlines plans to launch flights to Mexico in 2019
- Cancún y Riviera Maya, amongst the best 10 destinations in the world
- Live Vacation Interview
- Hoteliers want federal regulation for Airbnb and HomeAway
- Mexico, the 8th most visited country of the world
- San Miguel de Allende is the best city in the world
- Going to Europe? Don´t forget to recover your taxes
- Mexico overtakes Turkey in global tourism poll
- Mexican handicrafts, a trigger for cultural tourism
- Mexico amongst TripAdvisor’s Best Beaches in the World
- Mexico´s tourism industry increasingly depends on US travellers