New variety of lifestyle hotels in Queretaro and GuadalajaraBy Andrea Hablutzel Pelayo
Design-Led properties by Marriott
There is a new brand of hotels operated by Marriott, more than just a hotel, a lifestyle. Their classic design and all-around project is thought out for a very specific segment of travelers: millennials.
It is targeted with that segment’s mindset, appealing to their needs and wants.
They believe in design with a purpose; getting rid of what is deemed unnecessary and just keeping the functional yet beautiful spaces. Design-led basically means the purpose of the hotel, in this case, is with regard to aesthetic or a functional criteria, rather than commercial or consumer requirements.
This way, guests get only what they need and paid for; no pretension yet sophisticated style with innovative food and drinks to make it a well-rounded experience. These hotels will also be characterized by their advantageous locations within the cities in which they’re in, perfect for millennial travelers looking to experience everything their chosen travel destination has to offer.
AC Hotels by Marriott has a growing portfolio of design-led hotels, which shows Marriot’s commitment towards making distinctive architecture-and-design affordable and accessible for creative people and entrepreneurs worldwide.
"These hotels are both centrally located and within walking distance to their city's main tourist attractions, perfect for millennial travelers looking to experience everything theGuadalajaraandQueretarohave to offer." saidTim Sheldon, President of theCaribbeanandLatin Americaat Marriott International.
These two openings are the first hotels in the Caribbean and Latin America area; AC Hotels plans to open more hotels in Mexico City, Panama City, Santiago Chile and two more in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil for the Olympic Games in the summer.
- If you missed out on Russia 2018, find out how much money you will need to go to Qatar 2022
- Turkish Airlines plans to launch flights to Mexico in 2019
- Cancún y Riviera Maya, amongst the best 10 destinations in the world
- Live Vacation Interview
- Hoteliers want federal regulation for Airbnb and HomeAway
- Mexico, the 8th most visited country of the world
- San Miguel de Allende is the best city in the world
- Going to Europe? Don´t forget to recover your taxes
- Mexico overtakes Turkey in global tourism poll
- Mexican handicrafts, a trigger for cultural tourism
- Mexico amongst TripAdvisor’s Best Beaches in the World
- Mexico´s tourism industry increasingly depends on US travellers