Nursing, voted second most valued occupation in MexicoBy Elliot Bullman
For its dedicated work towards health care and patients, nursing is the second most respected and valued occupation in Mexico, as reported in the context of the National Day of Nursing, celebrated last Friday.
Nursing with 33% of the vote was only surpassed by firefighters, who ranked first with 49.5 percent according to the Survey on Public Perception of Science and Technology
Health workers are exposed to various risks, such as serious infectious diseases, from more than 30 potentially dangerous pathogens such as Hepatitis B, C, and HIV .
As a result, in 2004 the World Health Organization (WHO) created the Patient Safety Program to coordinate, facilitate and accelerate improvements in this field worldwide, including Mexico.
In this context, the head of the Division of Professional Studies of ENEO-UNAM, Guadalupe Leyva, commented that as leaders in nursing care, that when they carry out their professional work, they have the necessary security measures that safeguard the integrity and health of both the staff and the patient.
"From the classrooms we focus on a diffusion of scientific knowledge, for more education and mastery in the appropriate application techniques and for a greater use of technologies in the various therapies and their replication in health institutions," he said.
Therefore, reducing hospital accidents in Mexico related to infusion and health care processes to avoid complications for patients and health personnel, as well as additional costs for institutions and the protection of life.
- Mexico amongst TripAdvisor’s Best Beaches in the World
- Mexico´s tourism industry increasingly depends on US travellers
- Mexico, a global pioneer in medical tourism
- Mexican tourism sector closes year with record numbers
- San Jose del Cabo, the favorite destination for 2017
- UK travelers discover new reasons to visit Mexico time and again
- Tulum now has treehouse accommodations
- Moody's forecasts further growth for Mexican tourism in 2017
- Mexico’s first over-water bungalows in Playa Maroma
- Mexico,one of the Top Gay Wedding Destinations in the world
- Puerto Vallarta, first "Gay Travel Approved" destination in Mexico
- Holbox ... the perfect escape