Puerto Vallarta, first "Gay Travel Approved" destination in MexicoBy Valeria Bigurra Peñavera
This city has always been a favorite for the LGBT community.
Puerto Vallarta has always been one of the favorite destinations for the LGBT community, and now it has become the first city in Mexico to receive the title "Gay Travel Approved".
This badge is awarded by GatTravel.com one of the most important websites of the community, which for 20 years has been a reliable source for all those seeking Gay Friendly destinations.
According to a survey conducted by the website, 9 out of 10 travelers belonging to the LGBT community, consider important that a destination has "Gay Travel Approved", because that implies that the city has places and attractions that the community could appreciate.
Gay Travel Approved designation is awarded to those destinations offering a safe and welcoming environment for LGBT travelers, and it also has to have something that makes it a unique travel experience.
According to Agustin Alvarez, Director of the Tourist Office of Puerto Vallarta, the destination has grown organically to be a LGBT leader destination because of its natural beauty, and the ability of the locals to embrace people from all areas of life and world class infrastructure.
It also has more than 70 companies that actively promote visitors of the LGBT community and its allies, offering services of the highest quality and helping visitors to feel comfortable with the place.
Thanks to all these qualities, Puerto Vallarta has managed to become the first city in Mexico to obtain this recognition.
- Live Vacation Interview
- Hoteliers want federal regulation for Airbnb and HomeAway
- Mexico, the 8th most visited country of the world
- San Miguel de Allende is the best city in the world
- Going to Europe? Don´t forget to recover your taxes
- Mexico overtakes Turkey in global tourism poll
- Mexican handicrafts, a trigger for cultural tourism
- Mexico amongst TripAdvisor’s Best Beaches in the World
- Mexico´s tourism industry increasingly depends on US travellers
- Mexico, a global pioneer in medical tourism
- Mexican tourism sector closes year with record numbers
- San Jose del Cabo, the favorite destination for 2017