San Miguel de Allende is the best city in the worldBy Valeria Bigurra Peñavera
The recognition was granted by Travel + Leisure magazine
San Miguel de Allende, Guanajuato, is one of the most beautiful destinations in Mexico, and according to the prestigious travel magazine Travel + Leisure is also the best city in the world.
Travel + Leisure is the largest travel magazine in the United States, and in it the best destinations, hotels, resorts, airlines, tour operators, and cruises, among other things, are recognized by their readers.
This Mexican city topped the list of the 15 best cities in the world, distinguished by its attractive tourist offer, surpassing cities like Barcelona, Rome and Kyoto, among others.
According to the magazine, over the years they have discovered more and more things in this beautiful city that was also named a World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 2008.
This is not the first time that San Miguel de Allende is recognized, because in 2016 it was named the third best destination in the world and the best destination of Mexico, Central and South America by Travel + Leisure, and in 2013 was named the city No 1 of the World by Conde Nast Traveler magazine.
The city will receive the award next July 26, during the Travel + Leisure World's Best Awards, to be held in New York, United States.
- Live Vacation Interview
- Hoteliers want federal regulation for Airbnb and HomeAway
- Mexico, the 8th most visited country of the world
- San Miguel de Allende is the best city in the world
- Going to Europe? Don´t forget to recover your taxes
- Mexico overtakes Turkey in global tourism poll
- Mexican handicrafts, a trigger for cultural tourism
- Mexico amongst TripAdvisor’s Best Beaches in the World
- Mexico´s tourism industry increasingly depends on US travellers
- Mexico, a global pioneer in medical tourism
- Mexican tourism sector closes year with record numbers
- San Jose del Cabo, the favorite destination for 2017