Tulum now has treehouse accommodationsBy Elliot Bullman
The Papaya Playa Project in Tulum has launched a portfolio of new sustainably-crafted tree houses in a jungle by the coast,Caribbean Journalreports. The tree houses are crafted from local Zapote and recycled wood, with panoramic views of the sea.
The tree house interiors include textiles and local art, along with an inner sanctum including a meditation chamber and a separate bathroom.
The tree houses come in addition to Papaya Playa’s existing casitas and cabanas, along with the Casa Palapa seafront beach house. They were built at an eco-friendly workshop located on the property.
“Our name Papaya Playa Project is congruent with our mission to constantly strive to better ourselves. It is a project that promotes continuous improvement toward the environment and a deep involvement with the community. Our goal is to achieve a totally sustainable project that is of true benefit to the area,” said Papaya Playa Project founder Emilio Heredia.
“We strive to be a responsible company giving our guests an opportunity to step into an authentic experience of expansion,” he added.
Tulum’s rich Mayan culture and heritage are an integral part of the guest experience and ethos. The intention has been to create a property that promotes a holistic and spiritual lifestyle, and supports a deep respect and connection to the natural environment.
- Mexico, the 8th most visited country of the world
- San Miguel de Allende is the best city in the world
- Going to Europe? Don´t forget to recover your taxes
- Mexico overtakes Turkey in global tourism poll
- Mexican handicrafts, a trigger for cultural tourism
- Mexico amongst TripAdvisor’s Best Beaches in the World
- Mexico´s tourism industry increasingly depends on US travellers
- Mexico, a global pioneer in medical tourism
- Mexican tourism sector closes year with record numbers
- San Jose del Cabo, the favorite destination for 2017
- UK travelers discover new reasons to visit Mexico time and again
- Tulum now has treehouse accommodations